Can Home Staging Help Sell My Home
There are numerous studies, conducted by the Canadian Real Estate Association (CREA), National Association of Realtors (NAR) and Real Estate Magazine (REMonline) to name a few, suggesting how effective staging a home can be for a Real Estate transaction.
Staging Benefits Sellers
Home staging is simply defined as the act of preparing a private residence for sale in the real estate marketplace. The goal of staging is to make a home appealing to the highest number of potential buyers, thereby selling a property more swiftly and for more money.
- Professionally staged homes present and show better than competing houses for sale, including new construction homes and higher-priced houses.
- Staged properties will sell faster when compared with houses that have not been staged. From the date of listing until the day of closing, home staging shortens this time-frame, even in a slow real estate market.
- Staged properties can increase the number of offers and selling price in hot markets.
- Buyers view professional staged listings as “well-maintained”.
- Buyers’ agents recognize that professional staged listings are “move-in” ready and are included to show staged properties.
- Photos of professionally staged listings look better on MLS, as well as in print.
- Professional staged listings “STAND-OUT” in prospective buyer’s minds.
Image is Everything!
Staging creates a positive first impression and is the key to selling your home. Please review “The Consumer’s Guide to Real Estate Staging TM” for statistics, studies and other helpful information!
Colleen Jeffrey, BROKER | ABR®, SRES®, CCSP®
ROYAL LEPAGE LAKES OF MUSKOKA REALTY, Brokerage
Independently Owned and Operated